Sunday, April 18, 2010

After Ever After by Jordan Sonnenblick


I've said it before, and I'll say it again- Jordan Sonnenblick is one of my all time favourite authors! Each book I have read by him (click on the tabs to find them all) made me laugh and cry within the same book- often on the same page.

This book- After Ever After is the sequel to Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie. I've read several books that deal with the horror of dealing with cancer, but never have I read one that deals with life after cancer. This book- does that.

Jefferey had cancer when he was 5 years old, but now- he is in grade 8 and is cancer free. Life should be great right? Well, anybody who has gone through grade 8 knows it is a tough year. Girls, friends, school- it's a tough go. Added to that are the ramifications of the cancer treatments that have left math a real challenge for Jefferey. Plus his older brother Steven who has always been there for him has taken off to Africa. Then there is his best friend Tad- also a cancer survivor who deals with his issues with sarcasm. Finally there is Lindsey- the new girl in school who for some reason Jefferey can't quite figure out seems to want to spend time with him.

This book has it all- topics for girls, boys, teachers, parents. Just read it- you won't be disappointed! You don't need to read Drums, Girls and Dangerous Pie first- but I would suggest you go and buy all of Sonnenblick's books- they are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment