Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sort of Forever by Sally Warner


It's taken me a while to write about this book. It was a pretty emotional read and when I was finished- I just couldn't write about it.
Sort of Forever is about two best friends. Cady and Nana have been best friends since they were babies. They live at each other's homes, share hobbies and school together. When Nana's cancer returns, it is clear to Cady that she has to be there to support her friend, she doesn't want to be anywhere else. Her family however worry about how Cady is dealing with all of the changes. Cady is also confused about how to go on and experience new things without Nana. As Nana changes as a result of her illness, Cady is unsure of their friendship. All of these changes take place during the summer before seventh grade when for everyone things start changing. Watching Cady and Nana stumble through keeping their friendship strong is emotional, funny and honest.
This book is a very simple read, but also very powerful!

2 comments:

  1. I have this in my classroom library, but I haven't had a chance to read it yet. Your post makes me want to make sure and pick it up when I unpack my library next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes- this is one you shouldn't miss. Just keep your box of Kleenex handy!

    ReplyDelete